Monday 30 July 2012

Split Complimentary Colours at MMM

This is the last week of our Colour Wheel challenge at Make My Monday, and this week we are looking at Split Complimentary Colours.  You start with one colour, find its compliment, and instead of using the compliment, use the two colours beside the compliment.  The colours Mynette has chosen for us this week are Yellow, Bright Green, and Fuchsia.  Please pop along to the challenge for some inspiration.







For this I have used a set of Papertrey stamps I have had for a long time and never inked them.  They were stamped in Raspberry Razzle, and then coloured with Promarkers and Copics in various toning colours.  I filled the gaps in around the edge with a lime green.  The background is yellow card with a Hero Arts stamp used for the green lines.  A piece of dark fuschia paper lace along the bottom cut with a Cheery Lynn die completes the picture.

I am entering this into the following challenges:

Cheery Lynn Designs Challenge - Hot summer colours

Sadly, one of our DT,  Suzanne B, has recently left the team.  I know I am going to miss her truly inspirational work, and wish her well.

At Make My Monday we are taking August as a summer recess.  This challenge will stay open throughout August, and the top 3 and overall monthly winner will be announced in the first week of September.

I really appreciate it that you take the time to look at my blog and leave such lovely comments. Thank you each and every one of you. Hugs,


9 comments:

  1. Val, it's absolutely gorgeous! LOVE the floral image and the striped paper is awesome! :) Gorgeous use of the colors!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh gosh this is just gorgeous just adore that image and the detail is brilliant hugs Cherylxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this card, Would never have put those colours together but they work so well, Love Hxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! You've hit this challenge head on Val and I love the way you have put this card together. Loving those flowers too. Thanks for being such a support this month. It has been an honour to be part of the team during July. Hugs, Buttons x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your card. it is super when flowers are stamped off the card, gives a great effect. Like you when I return to an old faithful stamp they never let you down. thanks for your lovely comments on my blog. Caz

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! Val love your card the colours really zing! fabulous flowers!
    suzi b xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stunning flowers Val, fabulous card! Hope you got my email as I managed to find out that the ef is a Crafts too one called Pine trees.
    Val x

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a gorgeous flower stamp, love your yellow background you made too
    Anne
    x

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a gorgeous card! Beautiful colours and I love the sentiment!
    Hugs Annette

    ReplyDelete

Thank you soooo much for all the wonderful comments you leave on my Blog. I appreciate each and every one....and for you taking the time to do so....I will try to get over to your Blog too.
Love and big hugs
Val xx

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails