Monday 10 September 2012

It's vintage again ....

Good morning everybody

It was lovely seeing all the vintage fashion in our challenge last week, so thank you to all who joined in.  This week we are continuing our Vintage theme at  Make My Monday,  and this week the theme is Vintage Weddings.  So time to get all your cards done for any up and coming weddings you may have.  And please pop along to the challenge and have a look at all the lovely creations.



For my card I took an old photograph of a lovely couple as the focus.  The background is a paper from Maja Designs - their vintage look papers are so pretty.  My sentiment is computer generated, but I added a border around it with a stamp from Heartfelt Creations, using Victoria Velvet and embossed with Ranger Antiquities Bridal white.  However, all the embossed did was tone the colour down and there did not seem to be any real finish to it.  I have embellished with lace, ribbon and flowers.


I really appreciate it that you take the time to look at my blog and leave such lovely comments. Thank you each and every one of you. Hugs,


6 comments:

  1. Wow, lovely vintage card, hugs, marion

    ReplyDelete
  2. Val, I adore your black and white image with all the amazing bright colors!!! This is fabulous! :) I especially love your flowers. So pretty! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your gorgeous card.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is really pretty Val. A lovely image and beautiful sentiment and embellishing.
    Hugs, Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Truly a genuine vintage look Val! Such pretty papers and trimmings and perfect for the image you have chosen. A beautiful wedding card anyone would love to receive and keep.

    Hugs
    Lesley Xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. My mum too made a lot of mine and my sister's clothes, thank you for the memory. Your card is a beauty ....a beautiful image and lovely detailing. Suzanne x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you soooo much for all the wonderful comments you leave on my Blog. I appreciate each and every one....and for you taking the time to do so....I will try to get over to your Blog too.
Love and big hugs
Val xx

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails