Tuesday 4 September 2012

Vintage Fashion at Make My Monday

I am sorry this is so late - I had internet problems, which I needed my son to sort out and he could not come around until this evening.  Anyway, i am up and running again, but just shows I should have written it up and scheduled it.

This is the first challenge after our summer break at Make My Monday, and the theme chosen by me  for the month of September is Vintage, and the first is Vintage Fashion.





My card is based on one of my favourite B Line images called Le Brun.  I think she is just beautiful.  I have used Pan Pastels to make the background for her, and stamped over in Archival ink.  Around the edge I have used a tiny stamp with some words on and used two different colours, which work well with the background paper I have used.  I had added a label which is from Hero Arts, and some lace and gems to embellish.



I really appreciate it that you take the time to look at my blog and leave such lovely comments. Thank you each and every one of you. Hugs,


4 comments:

  1. This is just gorgeous, Val! LOVE the blue and the image is amazing! Sorry about your internet issues--no fun! HUGS! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry you've had frustrating internet problems Val.
    A really gorgeous card. Love the colours and adore the image which is a favourite of mine too and will be popping up before long.
    Hugs, Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a stunning card Val - I love the deep blues and greens with your beautiful vintage image. Internet problems are so annoying aren't they! Glad you're up and running again. Vicky x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Val, I can see why you love that image. She is lovely and her hat is fabulous. I love the blue you have chosen for your vintage card...... it is a very effective alternative to the dusky pinks and browns we normally associate with vintage.

    Hugs
    Lesley Xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you soooo much for all the wonderful comments you leave on my Blog. I appreciate each and every one....and for you taking the time to do so....I will try to get over to your Blog too.
Love and big hugs
Val xx

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails